pinging / feels under power

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by joel, Aug 17, 2008.

1. joel

joel Junior Member

I have a 08 ultra classic, everything good untill half way into last trip.At about 8,200 miles it began to ping under acceleration. Than it was pinging going up a pass. I filled up {5 1/2 gals 95 oct.} but it still pings. Went to the selling dealer and they did a reflash, OE cal was 32935-08C flashed to 32935-08E, pinging is almost completely gone but my fuel milage is down from 45 loaded to 35 with just me on it. Also I was concerned about detination so I used a boar scope to look at the piston tops. Found what seems to be a few spots of bronze areas and a somewhat rough surface arround the edges of the piston tops, The 0135 recall was done, with a new filter, the shell was not broken nor the retaining ears. There is some fuel splatter in the tank that can be seen when below 1/2. dealer is brushing me off, any advice would help, some thing wrong must be getting hidden from the extreem rich condition they flash it to, dealer did a fuel pressure test, wouldn't let me watch but said it did not leak down and was in specs.
  2. Block Head 96

Block Head 96 Account Removed

Go to another dealer if possible. With mileage differences like that, they must have retarded the timing.
  3. glider

glider Veteran Member

I agree, find another dealer. This one sounds like they are brushing you off. Maybe a call to the customer relations dept of the MOCO