free website stats program Pig Spit? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Pig Spit?

I am offended by your use of slang language. We need to be sensitive to the impact of our word choices. Maybe I'm the only one that feels this way but I apologize for the comment.

if you feel that way, and it offends you i don't think you shouldn't be apologizing for it.

So I e-mailed the makers of Pig Spit and asked if they had a vendor list and sent them the town and state I live it....didn't feel comfortable sending my street address....and they got back to me in like an hour asking for a zip code. Sent him that....which really isn't much of a secret it's Camp LeJeune NC.....and he replied back in like 10 minutes asking how close Morehead City is and told me that a shop called Chopper Toyz up there sells it. Went and got a can with the wifes permission probably because she was too busy looking at the booty shorts and killing pieces of my soul by saying she was going to get them for my two teenage daughters. Brought it home and used it. I didn't realize how faded my engine was!!!! It cleared up 99% of the chrome polish...think the really baked on stuff is just gonna have to stay there...cleared up the hard water spots, cleared up the fading. Now all I need is the state of MI to hurry up and send me my license so I can get some miles on her this summer!!!!

So I e-mailed the makers of Pig Spit .. .. .. .. .... .. . told me that a shop called Chopper Toyz up there sells it. Went and got a can .. .. .. . .. . .. . Brought it home and used it. ... . . . . .. It cleared up 99% of the chrome polish...think the really baked on stuff is just gonna have to stay there...cleared up the hard water spots, cleared up the fading. . . . . .. . . ...

Yep, wasn't sure how bad a shape your engine was in, but it's amazing what that stuff will do. Glad your bike is looking good again. I use the stuff (or a smiliar product) often. It will really make your bike pop.

FYI, I believe the correct "non-offensive" term is "Metric"...:s

Also, why not just order Pig Spit online: Pig Spit | The Swine That Shines

Another cleaning method for hard water is vinegar & toothbrush...let it soak a bit & work away w/brush. Hit the area w/Pig Spit & see if it cleans things up for you...good luck!

.. .. .. .. .
Another cleaning method for hard water is vinegar & toothbrush...let it soak a bit & work away w/brush. Hit the area w/Pig Spit & see if it cleans things up for you...good luck!

Haven't tried that one but makes sense, bet wet baking soda would work too.

+1 on the toothbrush though. I use it with the Pig Spit or HD Engine Bright and it really helps remove the bad spots.

And my new order of Ballistol, man I like this stuff. Honestly it (as of yet) I can not tell any difference in the results of it versus HD Engine brite. But it is some nice stuff. And being oil based makes it a good rust preventer but it does not have any oily residue. Really pops my black heat shields. Gonna have to see which one lasts longer to the heat, HD EB or Ballistol.

The biggest reason I didn't just order it from the website is easy...impatience lol. I wanted it now to see how well it worked.

The harder areas I'll soak down with it later today and try the toothbrush. Thanks for the suggestion didn't think about that.

I registered just to respond to this thread. Yes, I know that it is 2 years old, but as a guy that deals with firearms and different firearms cleaners quite a bit, I thought that I would just put this warning out. I use Ballistol for certain things with my firearms because Ballistol is a gun cleaning solvent. Granted it is not some sortof acid that eats up everything it touches, but it is nevertheless a solvent designed to desolve carbon, lead, copper and other soft metals. It may not harm your bike at all, but I would at the very least be a cautious when using it on certain parts of my bike.

I registered just to respond to this thread. Yes, I know that it is 2 years old, but as a guy that deals with firearms and different firearms cleaners quite a bit, I thought that I would just put this warning out. I use Ballistol for certain things with my firearms because Ballistol is a gun cleaning solvent. Granted it is not some sortof acid that eats up everything it touches, but it is nevertheless a solvent designed to desolve carbon, lead, copper and other soft metals. It may not harm your bike at all, but I would at the very least be a cautious when using it on certain parts of my bike.

thanks for posting the information...and welcome to the forum

Back