free website stats program Passing Lamp bulb | Harley Davidson Forums

Passing Lamp bulb

Nightowl

Account Removed
I have a 2005 Softail Hertiage with one burned out passing lamp. The local dealer told me today that the bulb for this has been discontinued and they could sell me a kit to upgrade for $70. NO thanks. Does anyone know how I can find a replacement bulb? I have searched this site everyway I could think of as well as J & P. It is a 4 1/2 inch sealed beam bulb by the way. Thanks.

If your sealed beams have a rubber boot on the back take care and remove it. Mine had H4 bulbs in it. Also bulbs are rated for so many hours and if a bulb does burn out the chances are that the other bulb will burn out shortly
Ken

Take the bulb to your local NAPA or Autozone etc. They can cross it into another brand of the same or more wattage.

I know NAPA has bulbs like that, and you can get them in different glass patterns. Spotlight or fluted type and different wattages.
wilks3
:USA

Take the bulb to your local NAPA or Autozone etc. They can cross it into another brand of the same or more wattage.

I know NAPA has bulbs like that, and you can get them in different glass patterns. Spotlight or fluted type and different wattages.
wilks3
:USA

Well I was gonna suggest that but I thought nah it can't be that easy. Anyhow hope you find one.

Thanks to all. I have located a few sources. I would have responed with thanks sooner, but after returning form a 3 day trip, I needed to wash the bike and apply PLEDGE. So I am sure Glider will understand. And yes I am as guilty as anyone at over thinking a problem. It is just that my thinking is also a little weak at times (some would say most of the time). I don't post a lot, but I read the posts several times a day and really enjoy this site.

Back