Passenger Peg Mounts For 89 FL?

Discussion in 'Police Bikes' started by Custom Rider, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Custom Rider

Custom Rider New Member

Just purchased an 89 FL Electra Glide Standard police bike. As such, it was set up for solo riding only. I have changed the seat for 2-up but I have no footpegs for the passenger. Would anybody know what peg mounts are interchangable with an 89 FL?
    Thanks, Chuck

2. Slo-Ryd

Slo-Ryd Junior Member Contributor

Are you looking to install regular foot pegs or mini floorboards? A picture of the mount would help point you in the right direction. I'm wondering if your 89 has a blind hole in the frame for mounting a standard female mount with a bolt that would pass thru from the back side of the frame. If that were the case, you could use a softail style rear peg mount and then fit any Harley male mount peg of your liking.....just a thought.

Or does it look like this style mount??

Harley Davidson FLH 1340 Electra Glide Rear Right Footrest Hanger Peg 1989 | eBay

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2013
  3. Custom Rider

Custom Rider New Member

Thanks for the fast responce Big Al! Yes, it looks like the one on your EBAY link. I would hope that there is a set out there somewhere that is a little cheeper than that... That said, now that I see how they are configured, I'm thinking that I could modify the brackets that are on there.

Attached Files: