free website stats program Passenger lower back support | Harley Davidson Forums

Passenger lower back support

mnultra

Hey gang.

Any of you have any ideas for adding additional lower back support on an Ultra/Classic for the passenger? The seat somewhat tilts the passenger back into the backrest on the tour pack but that little "flap" doesn't do much for support. I checked for a way to put additional "stuffing" in but, no luck.

Just looking for ideas. Thanks.

Never had any complaints about lower back support on my ultra. The wife rides about 60% of the time with me. I suppose you could get a small pillow and stick it between the speakers and under the backrest pad on the tourpak if it would be more comfortable for the passenger. It's an Ultra so it's all about comfort! Do what ya gotta do.

The wife of a friend of mine's wife had lower back surgury last year and she couldnt sit with that void there.We went to Canadian tire and bought one of those massage seats with the little air chamber for lumbar support with the hand ball pump up and I took the flap off,cut the stitching installed the air chamber then I sewed it back up.She was dubious at first,but it works like a charm and she rides with him all the time now:D

Hey gang.

Any of you have any ideas for adding additional lower back support on an Ultra/Classic for the passenger? The seat somewhat tilts the passenger back into the backrest on the tour pack but that little "flap" doesn't do much for support. I checked for a way to put additional "stuffing" in but, no luck.

Just looking for ideas. Thanks.

How about a pillow? Foam one. Can even get someone to make a pleather cover for it!! That way if the passenger wants it, there it is, if not - it's in the bag!!!

TQ

We use a sissy bar with a backrest pad for my wife. But, she feels the need for some support below the backrest. I have this gel/sheepskin pad that I was trying out. I didn't care for it but what we do is roll it up and attach it (it has a strap) to the sissy bar below the backrest. That did the trick for her.

I put a tour pac on my rd king and the first thing my wife said was she needed more lower back support! I took backrest off the tour pac and took the small lower pad off by using a small ice pick and pulled all the staples out then you can repack it. I packed mine untill it wouldent hold anymore then put it back on useing a electric upholstry tacker and restapled it back in place. you may need a second set of hands to hold it in place while you staple it back in place.then had to do a friends the same way. worked like a charm everyone is happy now!

The wife of a friend of mine's wife had lower back surgury last year and she couldnt sit with that void there.We went to Canadian tire and bought one of those massage seats with the little air chamber for lumbar support with the hand ball pump up and I took the flap off,cut the stitching installed the air chamber then I sewed it back up.She was dubious at first,but it works like a charm and she rides with him all the time now:D

Great idea!! I'll have to get out my needle and thread :D

Great idea!! I'll have to get out my needle and thread :D

Don't laugh a sewing ability comes in handy,when I used to restore vintage cars I got tired of paying upholstery shops big bucks to do my interiors so I took a 40 wk.night course at Conestoga College,got an industrial machine and did my own.:D

Don't laugh a sewing ability comes in handy,when I used to restore vintage cars I got tired of paying upholstery shops big bucks to do my interiors so I took a 40 wk.night course at Conestoga College,got an industrial machine and did my own.:D

I'm thinking you should get out of the trailer business and into custom cycles. I remember the paint job you did on your inner fairing as well. Being versatile is never a bad thing!

Back