free website stats program Part number CV Carb Inlet Fitting | Harley Davidson Forums

Part number CV Carb Inlet Fitting

Buhdda

I am in need of the part number for the fuel inlet elbow on my 92 FXDC CV carb. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am in need of the part number for the fuel inlet elbow on my 92 FXDC CV carb. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The all brass elbow should be 27371-76A, about $12 for genuine HD. They went back to the "old" part number, hence the -76A revision #. They are also available at J&P, Dennis Kirk, etc. Follow the instructions in the link Newhd74 posted and you should have no problems.

Hey Buddha, just so you know I had the same issue with my "elbow" leaking and followed the instructions in the link "newhdfan" provided and "non mechanic me" with "harry homeowner" tools got the job done just as it was described in the link. When I finished the procedure of loosening the elbow per the instructions, I grabbed it with a pair of pliers and with a "cautious" twist and pull motion the elbow came out like it had been greased. One word of advice; when reinstalling the new, all brass elbow make sure it is at the proper angle to slip on the fuel hose with no kinking. Once you tap it into the carb with a small hammer " it ain't gonna turn to the proper angle" so get it right as it's going in.

Back