free website stats program P0108 and P1353 Codes | Harley Davidson Forums

P0108 and P1353 Codes

jndyer

P0108 Map Sensor High
P1353 Front Cylinder No Combustion

My engine light comes on intermittently and then stays on after about 5 minutes of riding. The engine seems to be running fine, but throws the two codes above. Additionally, I'm only getting around 30 mpg and the first 1/4" of the spark-plugs are black. My setup is as follows;

- 2009 Dyna Super Glide
- Hypercharger
- Demon Cycles 2-in-1 pipes (no baffles, no oxygen sensors)
- Power Commander V (Dyno Tuned but not exactly right yet)

Questions?
1. What could cause this.
2. How to fix it
3. Is it safe to ride

Thx in advance.

Have you checked to make sure Power Commander is hooked up properly and secure. And the fact you have a 2 into 1 pipe with no baffle is definitely changing back pressure negatively. And along with excessive noise you will not have the desired increase in performance.

P0108 Map Sensor High
P1353 Front Cylinder No Combustion

My engine light comes on intermittently and then stays on after about 5 minutes of riding. The engine seems to be running fine, but throws the two codes above. Additionally, I'm only getting around 30 mpg and the first 1/4" of the spark-plugs are black. My setup is as follows;

- 2009 Dyna Super Glide
- Hypercharger
- Demon Cycles 2-in-1 pipes (no baffles, no oxygen sensors)
- Power Commander V (Dyno Tuned but not exactly right yet)

Questions?
1. What could cause this.
2. How to fix it
3. Is it safe to ride

Thx in advance.
I had a similar problem a few weeks ago and threw the same code. Make sure your spark plug boots are all the way seated and make sure the caps on the top of your plugs are tight. Mine was loose on 1 plug and the boot of the spark plug on the front cylinder was not seated. Problem solved.

That is good to know! Save a lot of $$$! Hope jndyer can do that same as yours!
Believe me I was stumped with the light coming on then going out and then throwing the p1353 code. I called my brother Jack and explained what was happening, he suggested I check the spark plug wire boots and check the cap on the top of the plugs. That's when I found 1 cap on the front cylinder plug was loose and the plug wire was not all the way seated. Fixed both and no more problems. Bike never skipped a beat, ran fine just kept getting the lite and code.

You are lucky having your brother! :bigsmiley12: I do have wonderful brother but he is not biker. :small3d002:

Re: P0108 and P1353 Codes - SOLUTION FOUND

I solved the two error codes as described below; thx to all.

P0108 Map Sensor High: Solution - Vacuum hose on Hypercharger was split and dry-rotted. Replaced hose

P1353 Front Cylinder No Combustion: Solution - Tightened loose cap on front sparkplug and seated sparkplug wire tightly over sparkplug.

P0108 Map Sensor High: Solution - Vacuum hose on Hypercharger was split and dry-rotted. Replaced hose

P1353 Front Cylinder No Combustion: Solution - Tightened loose cap on front sparkplug and seated sparkplug wire tightly over sparkplug.

Good on you, listen for the snap on the wires, too many times the end caps on the spark plugs are loose also, the ion sensing on these bikes will not tolerate much

Great to hear that! I am sure you did not pay that much $$$! :worthy

Good deal.:s

Back