free website stats program Out For A Bit... | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Out For A Bit...

I had my first visit to the doctor this week, according to him, I'm healing great! He has increased my activity to being able to make a fist, I can move my thumb & I am now allowed to move my wrist forward & backward. I am also allowed to work on the computer a bit! Still no lifting or pulling with the right hand however. :O I don't go back to the doc until 1/11/2022. I don't even get to start real therapy until the 14 or 15th of December...Boy that should be a good time! As for the x-ray, it looks really weird. I'm going to try to

I have been good with the Dr.'s orders. I am only doing as instructed for the most part. ;) I may have only overdone it a bit yesterday, therefore, today I have been taking it super easy. The doctor says it will be really hard to do any damage that would require him to go back in, but I could set myself back a bit. But I basically did my exercises a bit tooo much so today I'm only doing about 5 sessions except like 10 times throughout the day.

So today, I have been following my dad's orders of keeping my feet propped up today...but dad says that every day. :) But honestly, just typing this out has been a bit of a challenge. :( But I am trying to do a bit more each day on the computer. I have been taking a course for work, but took today off. Part of my 'therapy' has been doing a chapter a day on the computer. That has been wearing me down pretty quick.

As for other big accomplishments, Steve asked me this morning if I have finally learned how to watch a movie? :D I'm up to watching movies in the 80's & 90's now. Last week & the week before I was watching movies in the 60's & 70's. :D I have also watched my first movie on Netflix. Oh, yeah, & I watched some series on Apple TV the first week...but I'm having a hard time remembering the name of that one...it was pretty good though. The one about the American football coach hired to coach a soccer team in the UK...(Movies now include Jaws, Fargo, A Family Thing, most of Waterworld & National Lampoon's vacation). :D

So, in answer to Steve's question...I don't know if I have learned to watch movies or if I have just learned to really hate commercials. Oh yeah, and I actually started using the curbside pickup shopping method & now have most of my Christmas shopping for the grandkids done. :D So, we are getting there.

Joy,
Glad to hear you are progressing with the healing process, hopefully sooner than later. Umm don't veg out on the movies too much, I prefer light reading, don't know if that's too much right now. Good luck;)

Good morning.
Glad to hear of your progress .
Therapy will be good as it does speed up getting better.
I was able to go for mine at 6:30 am on my way to work.
Took about 3 months 3 times a day until I was almost able to grab the steering wheel.
Didn't take long after that, I figured out the throttle grip on the bike was good therapy also.

Joy,
Glad to hear you are progressing with the healing process, hopefully sooner than later. Umm don't veg out on the movies too much, I prefer light reading, don't know if that's too much right now. Good luck;)

I'm generally a reader, however, it is hard holding the book & turning the pages is a problem at times. That is mainly why I haven't seen so many of these movies. That, and being the 3rd of 4 children made me the 'remote' when we were growing up. I therefore found that if I took a book and went elsewhere, my older brother or sister, or even the 'baby' of the family couldn't make me go change the channels.:)

I have uploaded the x-ray from last spring as well as the one from last week. It just looks weird

I’ll add ‘posting images from my phone’ to my list of accomplishments too.

FD5CB9C3-EC80-4919-855C-A0DCED027EA1.png

07BD6985-61F3-4882-8207-F13D7C8B12B4.jpeg

Now that I know that works, here’s a couple of my couch coach. 0D97B497-1684-4D53-8C7E-37B32B92FB0D.jpeg472DFEBF-A463-4A15-AAC9-21BEA0DA8FE2.jpeg
Paddington is the best entertainment though, He seems to know my bad days & good days before I do.

Joy

So it looks like a piece of bone is missing distal to tour thumb, is that what was removed during surgery.

Joy

So it looks like a piece of bone is missing distal to tour thumb, is that what was removed during surgery.

That is correct, they removed the first bone of the thumb, cut a tendon and brought that down & coiled it up in place of the thumb, and relocated a ligament. The last couple of days have been kind of rough, but today is better. I think I was restless in my sleep and moving the arm & trying to move my hand, I would wake up with the hand hurting and not getting back to sleep. :( But I have seemed to go backwards on my ROM exercises, but mornings are always rough. I seem to have it loosened up a bit by the afternoon. I'm barely making it to 45* when trying to raise my hand back, I have my thumb moving fairly well now, and I'm doing well letting my hand hang down (bending my wrist to point my fingers to the floor). If I turn my arm over to let my hand dangle in the other direction, it is still not making it to 45* comfortably. But like I said, mornings are rough.

I'm still wondering how someone can figure out that we don't really need that bone...:)

Okay, I am a glutton for punishment...since I opted to get my knee scoped last Friday...Today was definitely a 'What was I thinking?' kind of day. I did however take the post op wrap off the knee & it is more comfortable now. But definitely sore. But, on a brighter note, I can already bend it to about 90* & I walked to the mailbox twice plus I proved that I was still the superior being by cleaning up the dog doo from the back yard. :D Overall a bit of activity but it was spaced throughout the day.

Tomorrow will be the first therapy for the thumb so hopefully that goes well. I have been moving it around pretty well per doctors instructions, so I am hopeful that I am in a good spot overall. ;)

I hope you are all are well and safe from the storms Friday night.

Last edited:
Back