Only HD oils available

Discussion in 'Oil' started by ThaiTed, Jul 8, 2010.

1. ThaiTed

ThaiTed Banned

I am about to change oil in all three holes. After reading all the excellent recommendations on this forum, i realize that most of the products used are not easily available where I live (phuket, Thailand). My options are narrowed down to HD products. With these limitations, I would like to get your recommendations. My own idea is:

Engine Oil; syn 3
    Primary and Tranny: HD formula +

Oppinions?

2. Knotwillig

Knotwillig Member

3. bwalsh22

bwalsh22 Junior Member

Well, sounds like you know which is best for your bike, now you have to deal with the limitations of where you live. As you know, HD syn is not a true syn, so not ideal. What about Internet shopping?? Does shipping stop you from purchasing the better oils?

4. ultrat

ultrat Senior Member Contributor

I would not put primary oil in tranny....gear oil if u can not get spectro ..if u can dirt bike - moped shop is w/ i get mine......or its INTERNET / ebay..if u have excess

5. ThaiTed

ThaiTed Banned

Internet shopping is difficult as well since most suppliers ship only within the US... eBay, same thing... Castrol is nig here, but I know nothing about their oils. They might have a gear lube that works. Talking to different shops on the island, they all seem to use the formula+ in the tranny and primary. I will give this a try and do more research on the Internet. Any one with knowledge of Castrol oils, please let me know what I shoul look for!!
    [​IMG]