free website stats program Oil suggestions | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil suggestions

ken391

Hi, ken here just got my 1st.fatbot -2003 -need help on oil changes -what does all 3 holes mean?(oil related )what is primary?engine I know --what is other?I have no records on bike main.so Iam going to change oil to all syn.oils-can I use same oil in all 3 -?I have 4000 miles on bike now my otrher bikes are hondas and oil change was simple -1 oil -1 hole,-do I have to replace oil in engine -tranny and clutch-you can tell Iam confused waiting for my manuals from hd dealer before I get started-is mobile 1 v twin 20w-50right for engine?tranny,etc.-sorry for all the ?s-Icant wait to get started -thanks Ken -maryland usa

Hi, ken here:D

There are many topics in the self help area that will give you more than just a headache reading.:s

There's engine oil, trans oil and primary oil. (3 holes)
Use of a synthetic is advised in all but the primary. A gear lube like spectro platinum or redline shockproof heavy is a good choice for the trans.

Hi, ken here:D

There are many topics in the self help area that will give you more than just a headache reading.:s

There's engine oil, trans oil and primary oil. (3 holes)
Use of a synthetic is advised in all but the primary. A gear lube like spectro platinum or redline shockproof heavy is a good choice for the trans.

depends on what ya can get local is what i go with . Mobile 1 20w 50 vtwin engine ... spectro primary .. and spectro 6 speed in my Rkc

Back