oil pressure

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by mags9594, Aug 4, 2010.

1. mags9594

mags9594 New Member

Hi
    My 07 FLHX losses oil pressure after it warms up has new harley synthectic any ideas
    Thanks Mark

2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

How low , what oil are you using? Seems we have a lot of oil pressure related problems lately. If you can check pressure with a known good gauge such as a Snap On Master gauge and go from there JMO, have seen lots of bikes when hot running@ 10 -15 psi and run hard and long:s

3. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

My 09 FLHX pretty much sticks @ 30-32 PSI @ hwy speed & doesn't drop lower than that until throttle-down.

4. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

Are you using O.E. oil filter? O.E. will give you best service, not comfortable with aftermarket.

5. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

Like Jack says, you have to cross check you bikes gauge and sending unit against a quality mechanical gauge. Then you will have a reference point.

6. larryjmiller

larryjmiller Junior Member

Both of mine go to about 10 pig when hot at idle. I can't see the add-on oil gauge on the RK when I'm moving. The gauge needles and dials on the ultra are too small to see as my eyes are vibrating along with everything else. That's the bad thing about gauges. Freaks you out when you see the actual pressures and temperatures. I guess that's why the RK comes stock with only idiot lights. HD says just ride the darn thing and if it blows up (unlikely), call a tow truck or a buddy with a trailer.

7. geezer

geezer Senior Member Contributor

Mine has 45-50 psi when starting cold and drops to 32-35 psi while driving after it heats up. Idling when hot, 10-12 psi.

8. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

That sounds about normal:s

9. krazy3

krazy3 Member

That's where mine is at also...