free website stats program Oil pressure gauge installation | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil pressure gauge installation

Jeno'

First off thank you guys in advance for any information you give . I have a 2004 Harley Davidson Fatboy and what I'd like to do is put a oil pressure gauge but keep it for the idiot light will still work I have researched with and I (EDIT) with research . I looked up online oil pressure kits but can't tell if any will work and besides the Lines look chintzy. I'd like to try to find it all piece by piece if anybody can tell me what the pieces are called that I all need with a metal line and the size threads I would greatly appreciate it .. Thank you .

Last edited by a moderator:
Unscrew your current oil pressure sensor and plumb in a "T" fitting, put your current sensor back in
then plumb your oil pressure gauge to the open hole in the "T".

I think the current sensor is 1/4" pipe. If I am wrong someone will correct me.

They make "T" fittings where one end is male pipe thread with 2 female pipe thread, with one of these
you can get a cleaner install.

Depending on your metal tube size you may need adapter to fit one of the "T" fitting female.

If using a standard "T" fitting you will probably need a close nipple to fit one end into the engine case.

Unscrew your current oil pressure sensor and plumb in a "T" fitting, put your current sensor back in
then plumb your oil pressure gauge to the open hole in the "T".

I think the current sensor is 1/4" pipe. If I am wrong someone will correct me.

They make "T" fittings where one end is male pipe thread with 2 female pipe thread, with one of these
you can get a cleaner install.

Depending on your metal tube size you may need adapter to fit one of the "T" fitting female.

If using a standard "T" fitting you will probably need a close nipple to fit one end into the engine case.
Ok that I can understand can you also tell me where I would get like a braided line to bring it up to the back of the head???

Ok that I can understand can you also tell me where I would get like a braided line to bring it up to the back of the head???

Check online with J &B or Dennis Kirk.

Edit to bring member's response out of quote box - SledDog

Last edited by a moderator:
Back