Oil Leak

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by BigG, Sep 6, 2011.

1. BigG

BigG Active Member

Hello Folks. I need some advice. I recently had my FLSTCI 2003 twin cam 88 fitted witht the SE cam Chain and oil pump kit. Now I noticed more oil coming from my k&N stage 1 air filter. Also yesterday, my bike stalled when I pulled in the clutch after exiting the highway from about 60 mph. Any suggestions as to what to look for ?

2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Harley Davidson Community also check the self help section for oil pump alignment
    Harley Davidson Community

3. BigG

BigG Active Member

More Details. The oil is red like the oil I use from the K&N filter recharge. The bike will idle at a very low RPM sometimes and sometimes stall.

4. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

Was the air filter cleaned and oiled when they changed the chain?

5. BigG

BigG Active Member

No I did it after about 1100 miles after receiving the bike back from the new cams and SE Cam plate/chain change.

6. 2000classic

2000classic Active Member

When the bike wants to stall, let it, then let it sit for a minute or so and check your oil level. If its down some from were it should be your engine may be sumping the oil which may be an indication the oil pump needs alignment. Engine may be stalling due to excess oil in the crankcase.

7. BigG

BigG Active Member

That sounds logical. I will give it a try. We experience the same thing in the jet engine business. Thanks