free website stats program oil in air cleaner | Harley Davidson Forums

oil in air cleaner

2006FXDCI

I just bought an 05 883 sportster for my wife and it is loading the air filter up with oil and is puking it into the carb. Any suggestions on a fix or where to start would be appreciated, thanks.

That is called oil-blow by. Over filling your oil tank causes more than usual amounts of oil to blow out of your heads so for one, I would remove some of the oil or fill to the recommended oil level. There are kits to eliminate oil blow by so do a search on oil blow by on the web and i'm sure you you'll find lots of info and ways to fix it.

You can find the cure, a quick and easy fix, by looking into one of the several maJor aftermarket Parts suppliers. I have a 97 and used the chrome carburetor support bracket(#4000400) with a breather kit (#4000267) from one of the maJor Parts houses. These pieces and a couple of feet of hose cures this problem pronto.

where did u run the hose to? I am worried that the oil will spray onto her back tire and cause her to wreck. Also di u need the carb support bracket or did you just upgrade to a chrome model?

The stage one a/c setup will take care of the problem! I don't know if you have a high flow filter on the bike now or not. You'd need a re-map if you were to add a higher flowing filter.

You can find the cure, a quick and easy fix, by looking into one of the several maJor aftermarket Parts suppliers. I have a 97 and used the chrome carburetor support bracket(#4000400) with a breather kit (#4000267) from one of the maJor Parts houses. These pieces and a couple of feet of hose cures this problem pronto.

You can just say Jp cycle

I’ll tell you of a couple of options; 1) run the hose behind the engine and let it hang low, there really isn’t that much oil (mist) being dumped, the downside to that is the environmentalist will kill you if they catch you. Option 2) be Green, hug a tree and purchase a catch can of some kind.

I used a T fitting and connected the two sides into one drain hose. There are pleanty of choices here.

Ah, Gee Bud, I didn't think nobody couldn't figure it out. A couple of these places don't like you to post stuff like that untill you posted 10,000 posts or so. I've still got 9,987 to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back