free website stats program Oil filter for FLSTNI. | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil filter for FLSTNI.

mydeluxe

I was at Advance auto and ask for a chrome oil filter for my FLSTNI and it was 23 dollars, 10 bucks more than one for the FLSTN. Any harm in using the one for 13 dollars and keep the 10 in my pocket.

Being fuel injected or not doesn't change the oil filter you use. I would recommend the 5 micron filter from Harley for your bike, it's only $14.95, maybe less with discount.

I was at Advance auto and ask for a chrome oil filter for my FLSTNI and it was 23 dollars, 10 bucks more than one for the FLSTN. Any harm in using the one for 13 dollars and keep the 10 in my pocket.

There has been LOTS of discussion on oil filters on the forum, and the majority prefer to use the tried and true HD 5 micron filter. Look through the self help tips tab at the top left of the page. There's some good info.

Last time I went to the dealer my EVO/Sporty HD chrome filter was $9.25 before 20% Discount Coupon...a bargain, considering the K&N chrome w/nut on top was $10.99 also at the dealer!

Advance auto - sounds more like a loan shark company, if they are selling one at $13 and not the genuine article!

Last edited:
Just IMO, I would pay the extra bucks or what ever and get one from the dealership. From what I have read all over the internet and from this forum the factory filters are the "best bang for the buck". My preference is the black ones because I have enough chrome on the rest of the bike.

Gator454

20% Discount Coupon

Thanks for the advice on the filters… As a newbie to the site it’s going to take me a little time to navigate around to fine all the good stuff… But one thing has me scratching my head the two times I have seen it in a thread and that is talk of a discount from HD shop… How do you get one??? Thx….

most hd shops give a 15% discount to local hog members, becoming a member is one, the other is watch for sales or order on-line. M&M gives 20% off all parts all the time plus you don't have to pay sales tax unless you live in Ohio. The only draw back is shipping.

http://mandmcycles.com/

20% Coupon at Ventura HD in Camarillo is usually for Saturdays periodically for everything in stock (but for only single item) and comes in on my e-mail (signed up on their website). Most HD dealers like Zanottis have Internet sales or other discounts going on all the time. Just keep your eyes open, they sometimes have huge discounts on stuff that did not move...pretty cool!:s

Back