free website stats program Oil Filter...Chrome or Black | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil Filter...Chrome or Black

Chrome cause I like chrome. Its easy to clean. I like black and saving money but chrome looks better on a Roadking imho. So do whitewalls. Price doesn't matter. I already saved big dollars doing the oil change myself.

Chrome works for me, only a couple bucks different, chrome one is easy to clean up and resistant to road debris and scratches. Just easier for me and always looks fresh...no polishing required...:D

Cheapest wee bit of chrome that i can put on a bike
so i use the chrome ones on all 3 bikes

Brian

I try and reduce the amount of chrome on my ride. Unless there was an affordable stainless one, its black every time for me.

Never gave it much thought - till now! Chrome right now but I think I'll try Black next time just for a change.

I like Black, but then my Bob has a lot of things blacked out. However my dealer charges the exact same price for chrome or black. I take it that's not the norm ?

My dealer charges $9 for black and $14 for chrome. What is your dealer charging for the filters?

BTW it's black for me. I started out using chrome but when I think about it the filter is right next to the black regulator, black frame, black isolator. So it actually looks better and it's cheaper....a win win. I've got plenty of chrome on the bike in other areas to make up for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back