free website stats program oil displacement | Harley Davidson Forums

oil displacement

I have a 1997 ultra classic I have oil in my primary being sucked into my crank case , I have replaced oil seal twice ,same problem!! any suggestions??

Are you installing the seal the correct direction, and using the spacer washer? Only other way to leak into the case would be cracks in the case, or if your breather timing gear is not right I would say it could create enough vacuum in the lower end to pull oil past the seal HD started using plastic breather gears , they caused more problems IMO than they solved JMO

Are you installing the seal the correct direction, and using the spacer washer? Only other way to leak into the case would be cracks in the case, or if your breather timing gear is not right I would say it could create enough vacuum in the lower end to pull oil past the seal HD started using plastic breather gears , they caused more problems IMO than they solved JMO

yes the seal is in the correct way! I was wondering about the crank case breather gear ? I did not know they are plastic now! that will be my next thing ! thank you very much for your advice!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back