free website stats program oil cooler | Harley Davidson Forums

oil cooler

nfusion

how much will a hd premium oil cooler cool your oil down say on a day its 85 degrees out side 5 10 15 20 degrees or so with synthetic oil also

The oil runs about 10 degrees cooler while mooving but doesn't help much if any in slow traffic or stopped.

I run Amsoil it lowers the oil temp about 8/10 degrees and head temps also

Thats an interesting question,I have a 07 egc stage 2 103,the oil cooler that HD sales does not open until 185 degrees,so on an open road at 85 temps even with out an oil cooler it may not get over 185,I can not honestly say it drops the temps at all its just too hard to gauge. What I have noticed and this is why I would sugest an oil cooler is on that 100 degree day stuck in traffic watching those temps soar once you get moving again it seems to cool down quicker than without an oil cooler...

Last year a buddy and I rode over to Daytona for the day, he on an Ultra with cooler and me on a RK without. We had run a good while and when we got into a bit of stop and go traffic I asked him what the temp was on his bike. He said 190* After being in traffic for a few lights, I asked again and it was already up to 220*. I've since put a Jagg 10 row without a thermostat on mine and do whatever I can to stay out of stop/go situations...

how much will a hd premium oil cooler cool your oil down say on a day its 85 degrees out side 5 10 15 20 degrees or so with synthetic oil also

Yours showing to be a 2003. I'd say BUY a side mounted 6 row JAG with the oil filter thermo like I have on my 09 King.

Mounting on the left down tube, easy and looks great. I bought the Premium JAGG cooler from M&M, and 6 row was enough.

Can't tell you actual degree numbers.

Using synthetic oil (I use 20/50 Redline) and having NO oil cooler for some time ...Then installiing one here in Az.,,,,,,, A BIG Difference.

in Az. it does get HOT..

So Far, I have not noticed the parade mode ON as often with the oil cooler installed.

Full Synthetic Oil and a Oil Cooler Make a Big Difference and it's well worth the investment.(JMHO)

Using a Dobeck Gen 4 also helps control the heat by allowing ME to adjust fuel (AFR) to any settiing I deem necessary...
low speeds in town I set Richer=cooler and speeds up at Cruise= leaner setting.

signed....BUBBIE

is the oil filter adapter the same for the hd premium oil cooler as the jagg they look identical the one i got with oil cooler #62868-99c looks the very same as the one for the jagg cooler just curious

Back