free website stats program Oil Cooler? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil Cooler?

Thanks for the Zanotti tip. Saves me $15-$50 depending where I've found them online.

If you are planning on installing the HD oil cooler, make sure you have the hex wrench size for the adapter before you start. If I remember it's 7/16 inch and I could not find one anywhere local when I put mine on since it seems to be the size that most sets leave out. I did order one online but it took 5 days to arrive. In the meantime a guy told me to just screw 3 nuts onto a 7/16 x 1 inch long bolt butt up against the bolt head. Then back them off until the bolt head lines up with the nuts. The put red loctite on them and let it sit for at least 3 hours. The screw 2 more nuts on and butt them to the first 3 nuts.
Then insert the whole affair (bolt head first) into the cooler adapter far enough to cover the first 3 nuts. Then connect a normal hex 7/16 socket (on an extension) to the last 2 nuts. Worked great for me and got it on without waiting on the hex order.
Also most folks advise against using a thick goo type gasket sealant. But if you use the thin tack seal type it really helps hold the adapter gasket in place while you are trying to position on install. Otherwise the gasket can move some on you.
But if you are wanting traffic cooling you will get more bang for your buck with the Lenale Fan. (I have both)
Anyhow just so you know.

I have an 2008 fatboy with the 110 upgrade with the harley oil cooler installed between the front tubes . I did not have the chrome cover installed because it blends in and you dont even now its thier I like that look . On days it reaches 90 my oil temp never exceeds 210 thats after im riding for 45 min

I have installed mine. Looks pretty good without the cover. I'm wondering how long the cover would stay on if installed per the instructions. I'm waiting for the exhaust, White Brothers E-Series, to get back from Brown's Plating before I fire it up.
I had the Cool Collar installed before. Got it in a box of things bought at a yard sale. I think this will be much better.

Has anyone had any experience with the Billet cool oil coolers? Positive or Negative, I put one on my bike after experiencing the safety mode engine running rough in city traffic in the heat of the summer. I try to stay out of those situations and not ride in the city on hot summer days. Thanks

The Billet Oil Coolers feature a low profile, virtually invisible look, don't know how much cooling performance one can achieve based on the simple design, but here is the website for reference...:s

Chrome BILLET Oil Cooler for Harley Big Twin & XL Sportster - www.debrix.com

Re: betterOil Cooler hose clamp

i installed a andrews oil cooler.
use OETIKER PEC tubeing clamps. 1/2" fit good .just coat the male hose fitting with a small bab of sealant, slide the pec clamp ring over the hose and a ratchet clamp to pull the ring type clamp tight. also bought reinforced hose at napa.
11k miles later no problem. i also used the oem winged spring clamp on the adapter.

Back