free website stats program Oh Man, which slip-ons? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Oh Man, which slip-ons?

I got the Bub 7 True Duals on mine after riding behind, beside and in front of a guy with them on his bike for about 20 miles. Guy must of thought I was freaking nuts to keep passing him and then slowing up. Anyway I love them, seems to have taken that little lag out of the throttle response, nice sound, and not so loud you can't hear the radio.

got a used set of kerker mufflers w/ 1 3/4 baffles rewraped baffles w/ new matting welded in a venturi or reduced flow of 1 1/2 area 1/2 way down baffle inside, sound good / low can here radio well no lag & peppy too..140.00

I put a set of the SE II slip ons on my '06 TC88 for better sound and got that sound. Not too loud but way better than stock. They actually got a little louder 5-6k after install. I've read here that the cycle shack slip ons are similiar to those SE II's. As to the degree of loud, my bike was quieter than almost anyone I rode with but atill much improved over stock.

unwwwired; I'd say you'll need to do some research & take advice fm others (look, listen to pipes - in person). I found a nice set of Rinehart Racing slip-on's for my 09 SG @ Dennis Kirk & the best part was being on $ale! Also, you can't go wrong w/HD's Screaming Eagle line - they're good sounding at a reasonable price. I almost went w/Koock Werks slip-on's (super savers @ Kustom Baggers), but didn't find alot of feedback. Then the RH sale came & rest is history...Good Luck!

i just put on a set of rush slipons and took off my screamin eagles man what a difference you can go to rushs website and listen to each pipe with a different size baffle thats how i made my decision

I love Rush Pipes they sound great look good and are less expensive than most al while giving good performance. My EG is the third bike I have put Rush Slip-ons on. Had them on my Super Glide and Have them on the Misses Sportster. The Road King has Rineharts on them and although they are nice they are just too obnoxiusly loud, next project will include swapping them out with...what else some Rush Slip-ons.

First, just let me say this is my own personal experience and I am far from being an expert... I am only on my 3rd HD. My 1st was an XL1200R which I put a set of Cycle Shack slip ons that looked almost identical to the stock HD mufflers while my wife went with the SE slips-ons. I think my bike sounded MUCH better and performance wise my bike would just plain walk away from hers (and get better mileage too). My 2nd HD was an 09 FatBob and I went with the SE slip-ons because they look really neat. VERY disappointed with them. Vey quiet and almost no gain in performance. Bit the bullet and bought a pair of 2 1/2 inch slip ons from Cycle Shack and loved them. The bike actually gained 8 MPH top end and just plain ran better, plus they sound fantastic. My new 2010 UC Limited has the cats in thre headpipes, so basically was forced to buy a complete system and went with V&H Pro Pipe 2 into 1. I listened to a set of them on a softtail last summer and I think they are the perfect balance of sound (and what I am told performance wise). I have a nice set of SE slip ons for FatBob/2010 Wide Glide with holes in the baffles if anyone is interested. They are still too quiet even with holes in the baffles. The previous advice about listening to bikes at a rally and deciding what you want is fantastic advice. For overall sound, price and performance, I think Cycle Shack muffles are very hard to beat though.

Having a 2010 ti-glide I'm looking to coolit down with XIED's.Question is will the stock pipes be better or should I look into slip ons?

Unwwired with all the different pipes out there and even more opinions its going to have to be up to you. I agree going to shows and rally's or anywhere a lot of bikes will be is your best bet but not fool proof. That's what I did and decided on Rinehart slip ons but then was really disappointed on the sound and no satisfaction from contacting Rinehart I took the baffles out and went with Big City Thunder baffles in the head pipes and love the sound and power. I listened to a lot of bikes on Youtube also. Good luck

Back