free website stats program Off to Palm Bay | Harley Davidson Forums

Off to Palm Bay

Well just found out with all my restrictions because of the ticker problems work has decided to lay me off for a bit. Told the wife today that I would like to hop on the scoot and head south down to the land of Lancer in Palm Bay. I just finished a once over on the glide and all is in order. I am not sure how I am going to get past Chicago as the roads from Milwaukee south but I am planning on making this a 2 day trip. I am going down through Ill.on 57 then to 24 at Ky , taking that to 75 in chattanoga, down into fl.onver to 95 then down to Palm Bay. Welcome to come aboard, any ideas?

I lived in Melbourne and Palm Bay for 40 yrs., moved to Ga. when the USAF transferred my wife. I still have family there and get back every chance I can. I avoid Jax.and I-95 because of all the construction. I take I-75 to the FL.Turnpike south of Ocala, then get off in Kissimmee, and 192 is now 4 lanes all the way into Melb. If you want, I can ask my friend how I-95 construction is between Jax.-P.B. When you going, I haven't been there in a few months.

Do you know when you're going yet? You'll be coming right through my neck of the woods!

Going to leave tomorrow or friday morning. Any info on the hwy's would be a big help. Also weather forcast's, Thanks all!

I went down to see my brother in Clarksville Tennessee the end of July beginning of August there was an 11 mile stretch of road down to one lane on 57 for repaving but surely they should be done now. I would check out IDOT's web site to see for sure. Have a safe trip.

If coming down I-75 Through GA When Cross the FL Border when Get to I-10 Are very Close to me .. ( Lake City ) Is Much more scenic and almost as quick if Take Hwy 100 East which takes a Southeasterly Route from Lake City down through Lake Butler, Palatka, and on to Bunnel where will junction with US1 South and can catch I-95 a Little farther South or stay on 1 and come into Ormond Beach... If in a Hurry when Reach I-10 Just head east on 10 until get to I-295 South Through Orange Park which will junction you back to I-95 and avoid Jacksonville Traffic Which can be a Pain.. Either Way Enjoy the Trip and Ride Safe..

Maysflyboy, Navyman, and I took this route home from Biketoberfest last year and I agree, very scenic and MUCH more relaxing than droning on the interstate.

If your going to stay on the major highways I agree with Breeze, this is probably the best way to go. To stay on the back roads check this site for info. Florida Motorcycle Roads Dr. Doolittle describes a nice ride from the Atlanta area to Daytona. All depends on the time you have available. :)

I lived in Melbourne and Palm Bay for 40 yrs., moved to Ga. when the USAF transferred my wife. I still have family there and get back every chance I can. I avoid Jax.and I-95 because of all the construction. I take I-75 to the FL.Turnpike south of Ocala, then get off in Kissimmee, and 192 is now 4 lanes all the way into Melb. If you want, I can ask my friend how I-95 construction is between Jax.-P.B. When you going, I haven't been there in a few months.

Sharpscuba; Raining today in GA., forcast more for Fri.-Sat., but they have been known to be wrong. My buddy in Melbourne just wrote me and said I-95 construction is mostly Cocoa to Melbourne now. I-75 has a lot of construction from Cordele S. to Valdosta, it's usually not traffic jamming. Be mindful of the transitions from pavement surfaces. Some of them get me puckered for sure. DrDoolittle's suggestion about Hwy 100 to Platka is a good alternative to the superslabs. Hwy 40 from Ocala to Daytons is ok, but just a little bumpy in spots. I hope you have good weather and a safe journey.
P.S. If you have to spend the night in middle GA., AVOID Macon, you may get hit by a stray bullet!

Back