free website stats program Odometer LCD display bleeding | Harley Davidson Forums

Odometer LCD display bleeding

capnjapseye

Hi All
I'm back
I've just bought my fourth Sportster, a 1997 XL1200S with less than 10,000 miles from new. A lovely bike in black. There are a couple of problems I've noticed:
1. The odometer LCD display is bleeding, I'd like to get this fixed, does anyone have experience of fixing this? Even if it comes to a new speedo unit, can the mileage then be set to the current value?
2. High beam warning light not working, is this a fairly simple fix?
Also, is it normal on the 97 Sportster that the side stand deployment doesn't cut the engine?
Cheers in anticipation
Cap'n
WAP.gif

I don't think the bleeding is repairable. A new speedo is about $500.00. The dealer or MoCo can set the odometer to original miles. Your high beam indicator is a bulb and can be replace. I don't think there is a side stand Kill switch, I've only seen those on Import bikes.
tourbox

Thanks for the info, I've done some research on the Net and also found a Eyezon Guages in the USA who can do a repair by fitting a new LCD screen.
Unfortunately, I'm in the UK
I have also read a post where a guy has repaired two gauges by fitting the LCD screen from a donor, used speedo. So, I may look at that option too.
Cheers
Cap'n

Back