free website stats program Now that's service with a capital S! | Harley Davidson Forums

Now that's service with a capital S!

buddybr

I've been in Jacksonville, NC this week and decided to go to the local Harley Dealer, New River Harley-Davidson.

I was looking to find the new Premium Tour-Pac Hinge Kit, PN 79211-08 for my Ultra. Though HD just recently just came out with these nice hinges, for some reason, has already discontinued them.

I asked the parts guy at New River (Bobby?) if he had a set and he had sold the last set yesterday but had three on order. I told him that I'd heard they were discontinued already and when he checked his order was canceled.

Anyway, he asked where I lived and looked up on the Harley site and found five dealers in Georgia that had the part in stock. Saying, I could probably call and order the part on the phone and have them ship a set to me. Something I would not have thought of. He even printed out a list of not only Georgia dealers who had the part but every state that had this part, 14 pages in all.

Long story short, I called a dealer about 200 miles from my home, Adamec HD of Orange Park, FL, ordered the part. Even said they would ship it today.

Many thanks to New River HD parts sales for service well above the norm and to the folks at Adamec for great service too.

:USA

Last edited:
I was looking to get a set of those, but now I'm baffled. Why would they discontinue a new product so soon? I wonder if they have problems with them?

I don't know why either. Everyone I know who has the new hinges loves them. Perhaps a patent issue?

:USA

Installed them last week on my EGC. They are good looking and appear to be high quality. I wonder if they withdrew them from the after market in order to install them on the higher priced bikes as standard equipment next year..(SE models, Ultra, etc..). I tell you they really make the tour pak look better, I can see them as standard equipment on an Ultra.

I ran down to Tri County HD today and bought the last set they had. When I mentioned they were discontued, the parts guy said no way, these are great! Well, he looked it up and sure enough they are. Just glad I was able to get some.

Back