free website stats program Not Tracking Straight | Harley Davidson Forums

Not Tracking Straight

Just recieved my new street glide today. When I let go of the handle bars the bike goes to the left. Is this the rear wheel out of alignment and can it wait until 1000 mile service to be repaired.

Get it in to your dealer & get the alignment checked & set properly NOW!! Also recheck the neck bearings for proper preload & lubrication. Don't take chances with your life. If you have any handling issues check it out & fix it. Check your tire preasures too, make sure they are correct.

Is the bike going left or are the bars looking like they are going left which are two different things. The front end could appear as it is going left because of the bars being out of line with the front end. Also your seating position can effect the tracking of the bike too.

No bars are ok, bike drifts left a tad, you can compensate by leaning to keep bike straight. I just got off 1600 Vulcan and it tracks true forever.

I would say to take it back to the dealer,my 07 has 25,000 on it and I can let go of the bars and it tracks straight or goes where I lean

No bars are ok, bike drifts left a tad, you can compensate by leaning to keep bike straight. I just got off 1600 Vulcan and it tracks true forever.

Keep in mind that Harleys have the primary/primary chain/housing, clutch, alternator ,belt drive, sprocket, trans pulley all on the left side without as much on the right side to balance it out. I don't think any of mine tracked straight without the use of body weight to balance it out. It's probably one of the most unbalanced bikes on the road IMO.

I just posted the same question in another thread, my 09 RG does the same thing and I figured it was because of the weight and all on the left side, it does go whatever way I lean so I figure all is good.

Don't forget to check the simple stuff first. For instance, do you have more stuff/weight in one saddlebag than the other. Then press on with all the other suggestions.

Back