Not Shopping on Black Friday

Discussion in 'General OFF TOPIC' started by gator508, Nov 24, 2012.

1. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

Not on your life..so we decided to tour the USS Alabama with our guests, they had never been, and I always find something new to look at..way cool..Oh yea, our fried bird too!

Attached Files:

2. mat 60

mat 60 Senior Member

Very interesting Gator....Looks like a good time.

3. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Good Pics, thanks for sharing. I too would not shop on that dreaded day, in fact this is the first time in 35 years I have not had to work it:s

4. Redfish-Joe

Redfish-Joe Senior Member

been years since I visited. Last time I was going back to Mayport off leave and stopped there. Good pics Russ.

5. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

My 15-yr-old daughter & I went on a 8-hr shopping adventure, starting at 0430. Not too bad b/c most BF shoppers were out on Thanksgiving evening (crazy). Of course, my daughter pretty much shopped for herself...I trimmed a few things off my XMas gift list.

Way back in 1988 I visited the USS AL - impressive. Do they still have the old submarine there as well??

6. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

You guys missed out on all the fun! Our local Wal Mart is always interesting on a Friday or Saturday night, but you should have seen it Thanksgiving evening at 11PM. Psychologist's dream!

7. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

Iceman..they do. It needs a little restoration still but it is being worked on. Katrina messed up a few displays they had outside including a NVA MIG15 and a F86, rumour has it they will be displayed in a dogfight, that would be way cool I think.

8. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

Is that why you were there..:lolrolling:lolrolling:lolrolling..sorry couldn't help it.