free website stats program Northeastern road trip | Harley Davidson Forums

Northeastern road trip

ctree

!st road trip with the new Ultra Limited. Heading northeastern US. 1st stop Niagra Falls (both sides). Any advice on what to see and what to avoid as far as roads are concerned. 1 day trip into NYC on a train. Planning on hitting all the states in that section.
thanks, Dennis

If you find yourself in the NY/Mass/CT border area, take a look at RT 22. I live in Litchfield Country ( northwest CT) and just traveled that RT to and from Lake George area. Nice road. Continue south on RT22 along the CT border with NY and there are some nice little towns scattered here and there along the way towards NYC.. Lots of nice riding roads in Southwest MA ( The Berkshires) and in my area of Northwest CT. Also, check out RT 7 from way up north ( vermont etc) and all through MA and CT.

If you find yourself in the NY/Mass/CT border area, take a look at RT 22. I live in Litchfield Country ( northwest CT) and just traveled that RT to and from Lake George area. Nice road. Continue south on RT22 along the CT border with NY and there are some nice little towns scattered here and there along the way towards NYC.. Lots of nice riding roads in Southwest MA ( The Berkshires) and in my area of Northwest CT. Also, check out RT 7 from way up north ( vermont etc) and all through MA and CT.
And I might add that Rt. 7 in Ct. is quite picturesque too. I live in Massachusetts and when a friend of mine and myself returned from a round trip to new Jersey we headed North on Rt. & in Ct. It was a nice ride with quaint towns along the Housatonic River. I think you'll like that road too. Now if you head into Massachusetts I can tell you some really nice roads & places there.

Where are you starting from? Knowing what states you will be riding through helps in naming attractions that might be of intrest to you. But whatever enjoy the ride have fun, be safe.

Starting in Southern IL
1 stop in Indy to see nephew
stop at Niagara Falls -Both sides
VT, NH, Maine, Mass to see brother
CT, RI, NJ, DE, MD
Day trip by train to NYC
and back thru Virgina, WV

Thanks, Dennis

If you are going through NH you have to ride the Kankamougas highway. On a map find Conway.....the kank runs west out of conway over toward Lincoln NH......best scenic highway in New England IMO. Also try riding up Mount Washington Auto Road....there is a fee to ride it but when you get to the top you will be at the highest peak in New England and on a good day can see the ocean. Enjoy your trip!

As Whacko said rt 112 in NH. There are several senic areas in the White Mtns.
US rt 1 in Me. is a nice ride along the coast. A good place in Md. is Ocean City, great happy hours, the harbor side and crab alley. The Sky Line dr. in Va. Just about any state or county road in WVa. will be a good ride.
Enjoy. ride safe.

Hi Guys,
Whacko is right on. I just rode the 112.. 14 hours ago. Holloy Molly what a ride. It's just under 40 miles long. Were on way from Laconia bike weekto Montreal. Like everyone told me.. Have rain gear handy. We left it was sunny and hot. Within an hour.. It poured oh gosh ... 10 min later.. Sunny and hot. But beautiful views. Enjoy
WAP.gif

Back