free website stats program No throttle response (TGS) | Harley Davidson Forums

No throttle response (TGS)

fortmac

Hi there, I just installed different bars on my new bike (2012 FLHTK). I replaced the TGS with the new one from Harley with extended wiring. As instructed in the service manual I turned the ignition on and off four times to set the idle. The bike fired up right away and I checked out all my switches and everything seemed OK. When I rolled on the throttle to pull away, nothing, still just stays at idle. I tried it several times and it will not increase RPM. I even plugged the original TGS in and tried it, no luck. Is there something that needs to be reset ? Any ideas ?

Perform a WOW test to see if your posting any codes. There are DTC's for missing voltages & wires pertaining to the throttle.

I purchased the TGS from HD with the extended wiring so I would have no plugs inside the bars to cause problems.

I checked this A.M. on the way to work and I am showing a P1510 (throttle actuator control limited performance) and a P2138 (twistgrip position sensor correlation error).
When I purchased the new TGS from HD the wiring colors were different than what was original. I don't think I made a mistake but will double check everything tonight.

When I purchased the new TGS from HD the wiring colors were different than what was original.

Yep, there has to be something about the wires that is incorrect. I read somewhere there was a color change in the kit. No damage will occur from miss-wiring. Manually clear the codes and see if they come back.

Back