free website stats program No starter just KICK!!! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

No starter just KICK!!!

i ride a 77 shovelhead hardtail, with apes on occasion. kick start only. took over 200 kicks before i got the pattern down to get it cranked. now 2 kicks when cold, one when warm and we are off. great bar hopper bike. nothing like old school simple.

I've only had one electric only bike, a '76 ironhead sportster. I put a kicker on as soon as I put it together. (I'm really old school and don't even have a new pickup to haul my bike in) Never had many problems with kick back, but ratcheting through was a whole other story. After a while you expect it to happen, but it still hurts like you can't imagine. That's what is called Sportster knee.

I've only had one electric only bike, a '76 ironhead sportster. I put a kicker on as soon as I put it together. (I'm really old school and don't even have a new pickup to haul my bike in) Never had many problems with kick back, but ratcheting through was a whole other story. After a while you expect it to happen, but it still hurts like you can't imagine. That's what is called Sportster knee.

Welcome to the best HD forum there is chaparral2f!

Back