free website stats program No power to front of bike | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

No power to front of bike

Glider's steps sounds like a good elimination procedure. Can you trace the cig lighter back to see where it's getting it's power ? Or better yet, turn the ignition off and see if the cig lighter works. That will eliminate (or suspect) the ignition switch.

But after that do what Glider said, I assume you mean FUSES when you say circuit breakers. Pull the fuses and then turn on the igntion and test a voltmeter across the tabs.

BTW DurtyKurty MAKE SURE YOU CHECK TO SEE IF THE FUSE IS BLOWN before you pull it and put your tester across the circuit with power on. Many testers have no overload protection and could cause too many Amps (burning) if it's shorted.

This little tester has an overload protection built in it and allows you to read volts or amps just by pluggin it into the fuse block.

20 Amp Automotive Fuse Circuit Tester

As far as I know, they reset themselves when they cool off. I've been lucky and never had the first hand knowledge of a tripped breaker.

Indeed they do, some Harley Techs say to replace the circuit breakers with fuses I am not too sure on this one Heat and location of the breakers they say is the problem. If that is so why does the MOCO not fix it? HMMMM can you say CHEAP JMO

Back