no more fried thighs

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by caseyleiser, Nov 24, 2009.

1. caseyleiser

caseyleiser Active Member

I received my heat deflectors after only 7 days from the time I sent my money order. Great service, great fit and great looks. It sure pays to buy American. Thanks R.J. Will send pics to you and the website as soon as I get the bike out of hibernation. :D:D:D

2. sandmar

sandmar Active Member

Is there a break in period on these guards,or are they soft when they are new?

3. caseyleiser

caseyleiser Active Member

ther,s a plastic backing on the leather which is pliable. You mold it a bit for a perfect fit. It,s not regular plastic, don,t worry about it melting and dripping on your pipes.

4. sandmar

sandmar Active Member

Thanks, I should get some of these before next summer in GA :newsmile03:

5. heartshot

heartshot Account Removed

I bought a set from Kuryakyn (probably spelled wrong) and love em. Like you stated NO MORE fried thighs!

6. glider

glider Veteran Member

If you put the two brands side by side, it's obvious which ones are the superior brand. I wouldn't buy anything but the ones from RJ myself.

7. lionsm53

lionsm53 Banned

I just got a set; very high quality. RJ is great to conversate with as well.
    Recommended!!

8. tlyoungb

tlyoungb Junior Member

Does this RJ have a website? I would be interested in getting a set.

9. glider

glider Veteran Member

He's also a member and sponsor on the forum.

index.html

10. bjryman

bjryman Member

Help me understand the benefit difference (aside from the look) of these versus the plastic heat deflectors sold by HD. I installed a pair when I purchased the 105th Ultra and they help some. Do the ones noted here help more?