free website stats program No Fuel INjector clip? | Harley Davidson Forums

No Fuel INjector clip?

RibEye

I'm currently rebuiding the Induction Module for my '03 RKC. My service manual shows a clip that slips on the fuel rail, and into slots in the fuel injectors, holding the injectors to the fuel rail. The parts manual shows the clip as part of the 27635-01A "Induction Module Hardware Kit". Now that I have all the parts and such for the job, I am sitting here at my bench, and I get to the part where you remove the injector clip, but none is there. The hardware kit also does not supply one. I can not find a part number for it.

I do not believe this machine has ever had the induction module off for service, other than to replace intake seals. You do not have to remove the injectors or fuel rail to do that. So...I'm guessing that teh fuel injector clip is something determined late in '03 as not required, so not used.

Can anyone confirm my assumption to be true? There has been no leaking, and the injectors appear to be more than firmly held without the clip. Also, it looks like the injectors would really have to pressed into the fuel rail for the clip to slip on.

Can anyone help? I would really like to get my scooter back on the road. It has been down for over a week, and I am starting to suffer withdrawl symptoms (shakes, DTs, uncontrolled weeping, etc.)

Thanks,
Rich P

What I am missing is this:

Injector clip.jpg

Enjoy,
Rich P

Anybody out there?

I have her all back together, and she is not leaking. I'm pretty sure they don't need these clips any more, but I do want to make sure. Anybody know? One way or the other?

Enjoy,
Rich P

Back