No Fire No Codes Fuel Pump primes ok.

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by ben2far, Apr 6, 2014.

1. ben2far

ben2far New Member

2000 FLTRi Road Glide ran fine last year put it up for the winter. Started several times during the winter and went to start it this last week - started ok - ran for a few minutes maybe and then died. Thought that was funny tried to start again - fired up then immediately shut off again - then would not crank anymore that day. Next day tried again started right up and ran less than a minute - did the same. Started troubleshooting - no spark but fuel pump kicks on when key is turned on and when engine dies. Put my spare ECM on does the same thing. I have in line spark detector on it and can wait a day and observe it starts ok - firing ok with occasional skip then firing shuts off completely. Had a BAS go bad that was similar in symptoms except the fuel pump would not kick on either. Anyone know where I should check next? Thanks for any help!

2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

3. ben2far

ben2far New Member

Thanks for the response Captain Jack - I was kinda thinking on these same lines but was looking for some conformation. Will let you know what I find out.
    :small3d026: