No brake lights on Street Bob?

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by Elizondo3, May 8, 2015.

1. Elizondo3

Elizondo3 New Member

New user here. I recently purchased a 2006 Street Bob. The bike is great. I noticed when I got it home the brake light would not turn with the front lever or the back brake pedal (taillight is illuminated). I thought it might be the Taillight. I ordered a custom chrome blackout taillight, easy plug and play and still nothing. I did a little research online and found out about the brake light switches, but it seems odd that the front and back would go out at the same time.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Welcome the forum. Checked the fuses?

3. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

:D:wce From the Rocky Mountains. +1 on checking fuses.

4. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

Both switches inop. at the same time is odd. check under the rear fender for loose, broken wire. Hard to get to, but feeling and flashlights help.

5. wazzle

wazzle Member

One switch probably failed a while back and wasn't noticed due to braking with front and rear. When the second failed, then it was noticed

6. atm33

atm33 Active Member

I know this doesn't make sense with both front and rear inop, but after checking everything else, you could unhook the wires going into the rear brake switch and hold them together to see if its a bad switch. Harleys had a problem with these a few years back. Not sure about the Bob, but touring switches are very easy to get to.

7. Elizondo3

Elizondo3 New Member

Yes sir. Fuses are all good. All other lights work. will see if I can get under the rear fender and check connections. Thank you everyone