free website stats program No Brake Light | Harley Davidson Forums

No Brake Light

olsonbr

I have a problem I was hoping to get some stick and rudder on. I have a 2005 Electra Glide Classic with two issues.

1. Brake Light - The tail light works, but the brake light does not.
2. Horn - If I press my horn switch the Aux fuse blows and my gages go inop.

Not sure what to do about the horn, but regarding the brake light I swapped the brake relay, bulb, bulb and wire bundle from a friends bike and got the same result, tail light working, no brake light. I can hear the front and rear switches engage the relay. I guess my next step is check the wire bundle under the rear fender. Are there any other recommendations as to what I should check?

1. Brake Light - The tail light works, but the brake light does not.
2. Horn - If I press my horn switch the Aux fuse blows and my gages go inop.

So based on what you said, for #1, neither brake (front or rear) lights up the rear brake light, right? If that is correct, then check to see that you have signal across the switch (rear is easiest). Make sure that goes to continuity when the brake pedal is depressed. If that works, see if you are getting voltage out of the relay when the signal is sent from the switch. If so, then there is a break in the wire to the bulb socket somewhere.

#2 - dead short somewhere. Did you make any modifications or repairs before this stuff all started?

TQ

Back