free website stats program New V&H Slip-ons and gas mileage | Harley Davidson Forums

New V&H Slip-ons and gas mileage

DCLARKE

I installed V&H Monster Round Slip -ons to my 2008 Road King Classic. The bike is all stock. I absolutely love the sound but my gas mileage has dropped about 6 MPG. Is this normal? I was told the ECM would adust to a minor mod such as slip-ons but not to more air. Overall the bike seems to have more get up and go and runs great. I will give up the gas mileage for power and sound but I am just curious. Thank you!

I'm not too sure on FI bikes.

But I do know sometimes why mpg drops sometimes... it's that impulsive need to twist that throttle hard to hear that fine engine roar out them newly modified pipes. :)

And I'm sure it sounds really good too.

Here is the bottom line. With any change in exhaust you will tend to use the right wrist more to make noise. The negative effect is a drop in fuel mileage and excessive rear tire wear not to mention ringing in the ears in some cases.
Do not ask me how I know. So if no check engine light and bike runs well as you have stated, then there is probably no problem at all with bike.:bigsmiley11:

You guys are right on. Ha Ha Ha. I have been paying more attention to my drivivg habits and it sounds so good I can't help but crank it up a little more than I used to. There goes my MPG's. I love the new sound. Thanks for the input. RIDE ON!

Back