New to me FatBoy

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by Rabid Ranger, May 21, 2009.

1. Rabid Ranger

Rabid Ranger Member

I just bought, well on Tuesday, a new to me 2004 FatBoy (4K miles on it) to replace my Sportster....Talk about a difference between night and day. While I thought and still do think fondly of my Sportster, I have died and gone to heaven for the last 2 days and 200 miles on the FatBoy!

I had to travel 120 miles to look at this bike and the minute I saw it and took a short ride it was over! I had ridden my brother in laws 2008 Heritage Classic and thought it was ok....but this lowered FatBoy with bells and whistles was da bomb! I can't stay off it!

If I can ever get off it I'll post some pics and change my avaitar!

2. Davidw2415

Davidw2415 Senior Member

Welcome to the world of Fatboys. Hope to see pictures soon. Have fun, be safe.
  3. buck484

buck484 Active Member Contributor

I love mine too and can't get enough riding time. Enjoy
  4. buddybr

buddybr Active Member

Congratulations on the new bike. Ride safe and enjoy.

Don't know if it a Fatboy thing but a couple in my HOG group took a trip on a Fatboy, came home, sold it and bought an 08 Ultra. The couple who bought the Fatboy in September, took a trip in April, came home, traded and bought an 09 Ultra the next week.

I guess this means don't take your wife on a long trip on the Fatboy, or you'll be riding an Ultra quicker than you can say my back side is sore! :newsmile100:

Seriously, enjoy your new ride!
  5. mqhybrid

mqhybrid Active Member

I have a 06 fatboy i love it. but I only like riding it buy myself no exta riders. thats why a have the street glide now. i could never give up my fatboy.
  6. gregski

gregski Member

Once you go fat.......
  7. Fatwan

Fatwan New Member

I'm in the UK - been riding for years all sorts of bikes. Just bought my first Harley - a 2007 Fat Boy - blown away. Just got to learn how to pass an HD dealer without buying more shiny bits.

Desert Storm - brothers in arms

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

9. Rabid Ranger

Rabid Ranger Member

I have been busy riding and working. I have not had time to comment about my Fat Boy experience. I have put over 450 miles on it and it is quite a machine. The only things I will add now are some road bars and a windshield both are on order and not from my local dealer who is strictly MSRP. I have a local source that matches places like Chicago Harley etc.

I have yet to take some good pics. I have some but the lighting in my garage although good for working on stuff, (EDIT) for photos. Believe me I will post some soon as I am very happy and proud of this bike.

For the Ultra folks....I went to the Fat Boy from a Sportster and a rather tall one at this bike is like a Lexus to me. I should post a pic of them side by side. Its like Mutt & Jeff. As for my wife she will only ride with me for short trips. She has had 20 back surguries. The last one was 9 1/2 hrs long. She really wants a TriGlide but for 32K with reverse.. is a bit much after the bashing my IRA has taken. One must eat when one retires.

The Sporty is sold and I feel badly. I'm almost hoping that the young man who is buying it does not come up with the money Tuesday. Oh well I have a bad habit of holding on to things even when they collect dust. This too shall pass.

Please read this...
    A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2009
  10. doc_63

doc_63 Active Member

My wife loves her Fatboy.

And she's fond of her motorcycle also.