free website stats program New to forum...2006 DYNA FXDCI Super Custom | Harley Davidson Forums

New to forum...2006 DYNA FXDCI Super Custom

namdam

Had my HD for 3 years now. Mileage is 15,747. Changed all fluids @3K miles ago. Recently starting to hear noises from the clutch/primary when it's in neutral (louder) and in gear (not as much but louder than I recall). Seeing threads on the recall for the bearing in the Primary, entered my VIN, but doesn't show up. So trying to get as much info as possible before I cave and turn it over to the shop for repair. I've done everything myself to date and will be hard pressed to turn it over to someone else for a fix...

Great forum...lots of good info...thanks for providing!

Welcome from So. Texas.You may get more responses in correct section of the forum. Not everyone reads the new member intro's. Have you taken the primary cover off for a look see? You have the automatic chain tensioner.
tourbox

Welcome to HDT from the Rocky Mountains. Sounds travel, get yourself a cheap stethoscope from Harbor Freight to help pinpoint the sound/noise. If you pull the primary cover give it the smell test.

Had my HD for 3 years now. Mileage is 15,747. Changed all fluids @3K miles ago. Recently starting to hear noises from the clutch/primary when it's in neutral (louder) and in gear (not as much but louder than I recall). Seeing threads on the recall for the bearing in the Primary, entered my VIN, but doesn't show up. So trying to get as much info as possible before I cave and turn it over to the shop for repair. I've done everything myself to date and will be hard pressed to turn it over to someone else for a fix...

Great forum...lots of good info...thanks for providing!
Inner Primary Bearings I had a Superglide 2006 replaced them twice there was a recall but would never replace it

Back