free website stats program new shocks ? | Harley Davidson Forums

new shocks ?

67wizard

I am thinking about different shocks for my 2010 UC. Would progressive 440 work for me? I ride solo 99% of the time. I would buy used if the price is right. What are your thoughts?
Thanks

Many happy 440 users. It would be worth a call to Progressive to discuss with them your specifics ie: weight, touring with extra weight etc. They are great people to work with and they will point you in the right direction. The spring that you require would be the critical part to pay attention too. Many have reported that the spring rates were too stiff for their liking and had spring changed. I think they offer two different springs.

If you go with the 440s go with the standard spring even two-up they will give you a great ride..Progressive will say go with the heavy springs but they are way to stiff even on the softest setting. I know a lot of guy's running the 412s with heavy springs and are very happy with them. With the 412s you will need the heavy springs...Eastern Performance sells the 412 hd for $210 delivered to your door thats less than half the price of 440s and 412s will give you 100% better ride and handling than the so called Harley air ride.

Back