new seat for my nightster ?

Discussion in 'Sportster Models' started by artisan, Sep 29, 2008.

1. artisan

artisan Active Member

i need a new seat for my bike as the stock seat gives me a num bum after 45 minutes riding.
    i was looking at a La Pera silouette (will this be more comfy than the stock seat)or possibly a daytona sport.
    anybody tried 'em & if so what are they like ?

btw i'm in th U.K. & La Pera seam fairly easy to get a hold of over here,don't know about any others.
    cheers :)

2. mrs2cool

mrs2cool Active Member

I just ordered a new LePera up Front Silhouette LT to go with the new 4.5 gal custom gas tank I ordered to go on my 2005 XL883L. I'll let you know how I like it when it all comes together. The LePera came highly recommended and it puts me 3 inches closer to the handlebars. So we'll see..........Havent made up my mind yet about the forward controls , but I guess half the fun of having a Harley is deciding what to change next.:D

3. cavranger

cavranger Member

I for one can last an hour and fifteen minutes before my butt goes numb. I'm looking into a springer seat. I figure that will give me one smooth ride and look cool as hell also. Let us all know how the new seat feels. Rob

4. artisan

artisan Active Member

:) i hear ya.

the forewards are a big improvment but could do with being further foreward for me,so i try a seat that lets me sit further back.

5. artisan

artisan Active Member

hi Rob,will do.
    i just need to find a daytona sport at the right price- they are £299.00 over here. i checked on J & P cycles site but they don't list it for an '07 bike :(
    & i don't know where else to try-any suggestions.

6. mrs2cool

mrs2cool Active Member

I found my LePera seat at lepera.com, but couldn't buy it directly on line. My HD dealership ordered it for me & I paid the same as was quoted online $334.00 USD)Of course I will have to pay the labor charges to have it installed,along with my new gas tank - HD = Hundreds of Dollars.LOL

7. artisan

artisan Active Member

haha :D nice one

edit: i decided to order a Mustang seat instead as i couldn't find a daytona sport in stock anywhere.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  8. steveny914

steveny914 New Member

I think stock looks best! LEPERA BAREBONES LFK-006 2nd best! I havent gotten a chance to try the lepera yet and people say the stock seat gets better as its broken in!!!!?? not sure about that!

9. artisan

artisan Active Member

i've done 4500 miles on my bike now & the only thing thats got broken is my (EDIT) :D
    agreed though the stock seat does look way cool.

10. theklanchXL1200N

theklanchXL1200N Active Member

Are you seriously gonna pay labor to change a seat and a gas tank? Wow I wish I had your job and that kind of money to blow. You wanna make my truck payment for me?

You are gonna pay $250 for a thief to change out 3 fasteners just so you know, the seat is held on with one screw and the tank has 2 bolts and a fuel line.

Talk to a buddy who knows how to change a light bulb and he can help you out.....