free website stats program New Rotors and Pads | Harley Davidson Forums

New Rotors and Pads

Moose

During my last maintenance inspection, I noticed my stock brakes on the Night Train were about shot. I decided to upgrade instead of just getting replacements. After a bit of shopping around. I ordered some EBC stainless floating contoured rotors and some EBC sintered brake pads.

Just curious if anyone has any real world experience with these. Or ran into any type of fitment problem along the way.

Thanks for the input Hobbit. I figured you would run EBC brakes, I heard if you don't they toss you from the Shire, and you're forced to live in France.

I wouldn't expect to need new rotors either with only 5k on the bike, but my back one feels like one of my dogs has been chewing on it. In the furture I hope to upgrade to some 4 piston Brembo calipers front and back. Get the half ton beast that is me and my bike to stop a little quicker. I want the size of a softail but the performance of a sport bike. Only things in my way are physics and my wallet.:52:

The EBC pads and rotors are in. Install went pretty smooth except for a couple torx bits snapping off. Other then that fitment was great, no alignment issues. The sintered pads and floating contoured rotors ran me just shy of $400 with shipping, which seemed very reasonable. Both looked to be of excellent quality and finish. Waiting on a new fuel tuner, then the break in begins.

IMG_0121.jpg
Ohhhh shiny's!

The rest of the herd watched anxiously.
IMG_0136.jpg

Before.(not sure why this pic is sideways, might of been the beer related
IMG_0124.jpg

After,
IMG_0145.jpg

nice looking brakes you steal em off the ZX6/10/12 lurking out back :D
joking apart they look really good on there

Pretty good Ninja eye there Hobbit. She's actually a ZX-14 special edition, I saw the flat metallic black/red and fell in love.

I would of stole the brakes off her, but I just got her buttoned back up from a bunch of mods. Plus if I tear them both apart at the same time, then I end up having to drive my truck. Plenty of time for that in the winter

Nothing from roaring toyz on it. They do make some fancy machines/parts though. I did some yoshimura carbon pipes, k&n filter, full set of sliders, windscreen, custom risers, and rear fender eliminator. And your darn right they are quick, scary powerful. I used to race a zx10r around, and this thing has gobs more get up everywhere. Way more comfortable as well.

Back