free website stats program New rider! | Harley Davidson Forums

New rider!

NiteFighter

Hey guys and gals, well I got my bike under some not so good circumstances. My pops passed away in late March. He had given us two options for the bike, sell it for its total value to a complete stranger, or, sell it to someone in the family at an under blue book price. I couldn't swallow the idea of his bike leaving the family. He also said that whoever gets the bike must go through a class and be endorsed.

I just too the bike out on its first ride with me, holy cow I am hooked! I love this thing! I wish my pops was still around so I could ride with him, but I guess I'm already doing that in a sense. BTW it's a 2002 Electra Glideuploadfromtaptalk1407611046300.jpguploadfromtaptalk1407611058227.jpguploadfromtaptalk1407611072035.jpg Standard.

Very good bike
Sorry for your loss
Welcome to The Forum
:good
Check out the self help section for tips:s

Welcome, from the Great State of Texas.

Sorry for your loss, nothing can replace a father. But on a brighter note, imagine the conversations/memories you'll have with him on your solo rides.:s

That class will be a tremendous help, no matter how good one is. You found a great site and some great people here. Again, welcome.

Be Safe, Have Fun, you have a great bike there.

I second that about the class!

Circumstances forced me to re-attain an 'M' Class License.
I was almost through with the re assembly of my old Ironhead, and knew I was going to ride it regardless.

So I took the class, I had been riding about twenty two years by then, I learned I had developed two very bad habits I was totally unaware of.

Good idea for anyone.

:good
Welcome from Pittsburgh, Pa.

You Father though not here has given you some very sound advice.
I am glad for you that you decided to keep a important part of you Father's life in the family. It sound as if you have made the correct decision.

Glad to have you aboard! :ws:rider
From Central Florida.

Hey everyone thanks for the warm welcome! I went through the class back in April and enjoyed every minute of it. Today my neighbor took me out a nice easy 200mi ride through some back country roads. He said I ride like a natural but need just a little work on turning from a stop, but other than that he said you wouldn't be able to tell that I'm a novice :)
Tomorrow we're planning a day trip around Washington state.

I am sorry to hear about your dad. It is always bad when someone passes. My grandfather passed in 1986 and I can still hear him to this day talking to me.

Back