free website stats program New Pipes!!! | Harley Davidson Forums

New Pipes!!!

theklanchXL1200N

New pipes finally arrived today!!! It took about two hours to change them. I put in new screamin eagle exhaust gaskets in and I wish I wouldn't have. They are thinner than the OE gaskets, and now I have a small leak in the rear cylinder exhaust port. Any tricks to fixing the leak without buying another set of gaskets? Thanks guys...

IMGP0715.JPG

Hobbit that is a sidekick custom from Harley. HD discontinued this seat last year. They now make the sidekick which has a thicker passenger seat. This one is very low profile, it took me buying 3 different seats on ebay to find it, because I kept finding seats for 06 sporties and there is no provision for the ecm on the 04-06 seats. So I finally ordered one from a dealer across the state and paid full retail plus a pretty penny for next day shipping. I re-sold the other seats I found on ebay and actually made a couple of bucks on them, but it was kind of frustrating to go through what I went through for a seat. All in all I have about $800 in setting up my nightster for my wife to ride with me.

Thanks for the compliment on the pipes. I wanted something other than shortshots as I keep reading that everyone is changing to shortshots on their N. That was why I went with risers instead of apes, to be a little different than the norm.

I think the bike is finally done in regards to mods. I really like what I have done to it. A bunch of subtle changes set it off in a crowd, but you can still tell it is a nightster.

THE:rider:pENNSYLVANIA

very nice! The pipes look unique... I like the color of your bike as well... eyecatching ride.

I just ordered a Sidekick... ended up paying a bit less than full retail by surfing around. $251 rather than $299. that $40 a saved can go towards other mods :) I'm hoping the seat I ordered is form fitting to keep the sporty streamlined look. Many of the seats I have seen look like throw pillows which messes with the vibe of the bike for my tastes.

nice bike!

Hi Guys,

First thanks for all the compliments on the bike. I love the pipes they are the look I was going for and they sound awesome!! she is running great, which is a plus. Only problem is the front headpipe turned blue. I have since changed the fuel map on my fuelpak, and it hasn't gotten any worse, I just can't seem to rub hard enough to get the blueing off. Any suggestions?

THE

Back