free website stats program New Member With FI Fuel Delivery Problem | Harley Davidson Forums

New Member With FI Fuel Delivery Problem

blackvette58

Greetings to all from Bradenton, FL. I purchased my 2004 Wide Glide with about 4k in 2005. While still under warranty, I noticed that after the bike was warmed-up and I entered the highway and started cruising between 60 and 70 mpg, the bike would begin to stall...no fuel being delivered. When it reached 50 mpg the fuel would kick in again. It would do this for about 5 minutes and then settle-in and function normally the rest of the ride. On some highway rides it never occurred. It was intermittent in many respects. Also, if I was street cruising and did not exceed 50-55 mpg, it never occurred. I took it to the Harley Dealer, they did all kinds of tests and consulted with the factory. No cause was identified. It's nine years later, I have about 19,000 K on the bike, and I have the same problem. Harley has not been or will be helpful or responsible. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Welcome to the forum.:cheers

Might help to post your problem under the engine and fuel related thread. This thread is for introductions so many who could help may not see it.

Glad to have you aboard! :ws:rider
From Central Florida.

You might see if the dealer will reflash the ECM. My 03 would completly shut down around 1800 rpms for an instant if everything else was in a certain position. no one could find a cause. Once the ECM was reflashed never happened again.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forum Fiend v1.2.8.

Back