free website stats program New here, pls help | Harley Davidson Forums

New here, pls help

Cscott63

I have a 2012 switchback that I bought 16" bars for. And the wiring is kicking my butt. The bars came pre wired but there are more pre wired ones than stock wires and I just can't figure out which wire goes to which. Just when I think I have it I get a error msg and it keeps blowing the 15a fuse.

Welcome from So. Texas. First off where did the bars w/ wires come from? Are any of the new wires the same colors as the old ones? Any instructions? The extra wires may be for a different model. Maybe universal wiring for throttle by wire, cruise control, heated grips, etc.
tourbox

Got the bars from demon cycles, prewired ones are different color and more of them. Came with very vague instructions, and I'm not to keen on electrical.

This seems to be the perfect time to find out how good their customer service is. Give them a call see what kind of help they can give you good luck

Welcome aboard! The HD service manual for your year bike should be your next purchase. A wiring diagram makes it worth its price IMO.

Agree with Bodeen. The wiring diagram gives you everything you need and is as easy to read as a magazine.
If the Demon Cycles wiring has different color coding as yours (assuming your are factory) I would do as Joel and flusher said above.
You don't have any wires pinched or bare causing a dead short to ground do you?

I've had luck on You Tube.Just about everybody at some time has taped a job they did,including Handle bar swaps.

Back