free website stats program New Guy! What bike do I even have? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Guy! What bike do I even have?

Nah...I do definitely GET the point, and actually, I agree with the point, to a point. :D

But...
if it's out and out gonna bury me alive, with no hope of getting any reasonable percentage of my investment back when I tire of it, (and I will, I know ME), then nowadays, I just won't do it. No matter how loud that little whisper in my head is saying "do it, you know you want it". I just don't cave anymore like I used to if it's just not even close to financially sound. (In that maybe I can sell it and get "enough" of my money back to make me feel OK about spending it in the first place.

With THIS project, I don't think that could ever happen, but then, maybe someone knows these things better than me. In fact, I'd bet someone does!

It's all good, I just read Smitty's earlier post and it reminded me, you can't measure the "--times sharing these objects of our affection with our loved ones" and part of this nostalgia thing is that for every 1 recovered bike that is restored 1000's have gone to the crusher, never to be enjoyed by a single HD owner, and we really can't measure memories or the future enjoyment of generations to come. We all make bad financial decisions, but there is hope even for boat owners "--she is just a hull (hole) in the water that I throw our money into." or day traders "--just one more trade and I'll be rich." You just got to believe that recovery is near, especially nowadays! :newsmile108:

I have a German Walther P.38 that my Dad took off a Nazi officer when his unit captured the Dornier aircraft plant in Oberpfaffenhofen in 1945. Still have some zinc cased rounds that were in it when he took it. It's in perfect shape (only dropped once :reyes ) but my wife still refers to it as "that old thing". Some things may not be worth much monitarilly but have great nostalgic value. I lost Dad a few years ago, but you can rest assured that my son and grandson will more than likely own that gun someday.

Back