free website stats program New Guy, New State GA | Harley Davidson Forums

New Guy, New State GA

.blackgt.

Hello guys and girls,

Recently moved down from Connecticut and found a nice place to call my own for the next 2 years.
Not much to do in this town here, so I figured I could finally start my project.

Bike: 1993 FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic

My dad has owned this bike since new and over the past few years, he has really "let it go."

Unfortunately, he was hit 3 years ago and was banged up pretty badly (the bike was too). He decided to get it fixed and all was well up until about a year and a half ago when he had to lay it down to avoid being hit at a busy intersection. He lives in South Florida which after riding there for 8 months I now realize the importance of defensive driving when on 2 wheels.

So he decided not to fix the bike due to lack of interest and money, so instead he let it sit and sit and sit.

This brings us up to now. He finally let me have the bike and I am now on a mission to get it back to its prime days.

I would like to get it up and running then start pulling off components and swapping them out for newer ones as I see necessary.

So my question to you folks is this: What would you consider to be the best manual for a basket case type of rebuild/repair. Clymer, Haynes, Chilton, Harley Davidson etc.....

I know in the whole scheme of things, 50$ isn't too much money to forego, but I would rather know my money is being spent on a piece of literature that is going to explain (in depth) specifics of the bike. I don't want to waste it on a couple hundred pages of surface level here is how to change your own oil (EDIT) .

I will do my best to post some past pictures of the bike and also present.
Once I start the rebuilding process, I will dedicate a separate thread for it.

-J.P.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Forum and welcome to Georgia!

I'm afraid I do not have any answers to your questions but I am sure many here do! Sounds like a fun project though.

Welcome to The Forum, IMO a H D factory manual would be the best choice:D

Welcome to the forum from southeastern CT. Get the HD factory service and parts manuals. :USA:CONNECTICUT

Glad to have you aboard! :ws:rider
From Central Florida.

HD manual is the only way to go IMO.

Back