free website stats program New Build | Harley Davidson Forums

New Build

joetter

Long story short, the motor that I had, a Merch 125, is blown because of the incorrect installation of the ignition system. Now I have to sue a couple of different people to get it fixed because neither Merch, nor the people that I bought it from are stepping up to fix it even though the bike came with a written 1 year warranty on the motor from the purchase date.

So, if I am going to have 8-10k soon to throw a new motor in, what would be a good system to look at. I want power, but reliability is a big concern as well, since my last motor didn't quite make it to the 4,000 mile mark. I have been looking at the S&S 111 since it comes with a 3 year warranty and looks like a solid build that will make good power, but be smooth enough that the wife won't complain about the shake. The Patrick 120 looks pretty decent as well, but have heard that they eat lifters and motor mounts about every 8k miles. Any advice would be great. It will be going in an 01 FLHT through a Baker 6 speed.

Do you know what the life expectancy is of a S&S 124? I usually put on about 10-15k miles a year, and want a motor to last a few years.

Back