free website stats program new bike old style rocker clutch | Harley Davidson Forums

new bike old style rocker clutch

hawgazam

happy holidays , y,all. i dont know much about how this computer stuff works but trying.
i have a 02 e-glide standard that is a sweet bike , not bragging . also bought a 09 e-glide classic. wow what a handler . i am pleased now that i got some mileage on it .
point is i had jockey shift older bikes in nthe past with the rocker clutch , i think its great and want to set up one on my 02 ,,,, i know there are kits out there but i want to do it a bit different and use a hyd clutch set up that will be rocker activated. and retain the spring tension on the rocker and maybe even a line lock tucked away .. i want it to look as clean ,or original as possible. and i want to keep the crash bar . tank shift etc should easy part.
any ideas. i love this site. thanks :small3d007::small3d007:

I have to tell you the only problem running a set up as you describe you will have when it comes to stopping on grades uphill or down it will take some getting use to these set ups and being you want to fit this on a heavy bike it will be even more tricky , if you never ran a foot clutch hand shift and at stop lites if you plan on using some type of clutch pedal locking device stay away from the original design ,they did not nick name them mousetrapps for no reason they tend to act that wey (you never no when they will release , and you dont want to end up in someones truck at a stoplite.

Sounds like a pretty trick set up post some pics when you are done Good Luck

been meaning to post back on this topic , as like you jack I missed the jocky footclutch ,So about 3 yrs ago this is what I did on my ST (below are some pics to give you some insperation) being familar with the old style setup ,I knew the negs ,So I came up with retaining the hand clutch along with the foot clutch and also foot shifter and hand shifter,98% of the time I ride this bike jocky/foot but its nice to have the option the other 3% of the times when you need it in traffic on hills ect, After 3 years this system still works flawless , and the foot clutch does not require a lot of tention ,maybe about 1 in down with my heal and the clutch is fully engauged , it took over a year to figure out ,but was worth the time and money ,when I take this bike out the jocky/foot set up is always a conversation piece.

Attachments

• Picture 236.jpg
    Picture 236.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Picture 237.jpg
    Picture 237.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Picture 238.jpg
    Picture 238.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 18
  • Picture 239.jpg
    Picture 239.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 17
  • Picture 240.jpg
    Picture 240.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 14
been meaning to post back on this topic , as like you jack I missed the jocky footclutch ,So about 3 yrs ago this is what I did on my ST (below are some pics to give you some insperation) being familar with the old style setup ,I knew the negs ,So I came up with retaining the hand clutch along with the foot clutch and also foot shifter and hand shifter,98% of the time I ride this bike jocky/foot but its nice to have the option the other 3% of the times when you need it in traffic on hills ect, After 3 years this system still works flawless , and the foot clutch does not require a lot of tention ,maybe about 1 in down with my heal and the clutch is fully engauged , it took over a year to figure out ,but was worth the time and money ,when I take this bike out the jocky/foot set up is always a conversation piece.

I don't think i am coordinated enough to use this system:bigsmiley28:

Its very easy to use just a couple of hrs with it and your like a pro ,same as a car , just when you stop you need to learn how to do it on one foot , thats why I worked it out to still have the use of the hand clutch/foot shift in long stop situations and hills ,best of both worlds so to speak .but on a touring model this would take a little more to get use to with the extra weight I am sure.

Back