free website stats program New Bike From Germany... | Harley Davidson Forums

New Bike From Germany...

I can see that working fine.......until you stop at an intercestion and not leave enough room for the outriggers to come down and they hit the car next to you!!!!!!!!

I saw one live and in person here in Greensboro Sun. The guy said he bought it in Zurich...$79K back in 2000 or 2002. Has 96K miles on it, says he's ridden it coast to coast. Has a Beemer 1200 motor. Says it will do over 150 mph, the new ones will do 200 mph. He said it takes a week to learn how to drive one. His was called an "ECO-Cycle".

He says there are on 2 in North America right now.

Pretty cool, but definitely not for me.

He said the story behind this was that the owner was a airline pilot that lived in one of the countries next to Germany. He would ride his motorcycle to the airport, but euro weather is pretty much an issue all the time. When he would drive his car, he would get tied up in traffic....this was how he came up with this idea & design.

It was all well and good up to the last sentence 50,000 British Pounds...amounts to what is 1.6 x USD...$80,000...don't think I will see one in my garage any time soon :(

Since two-wheeled sports have always been interesting to me...it would have been a "kick" especially in the TURBO version...but then I am no "crash dummy" either!:s

Last edited:
Back