free website stats program Need gauge cluster install help. 94 sporty 1200 conversion? | Harley Davidson Forums

Need gauge cluster install help. 94 sporty 1200 conversion?

Mandrax60

I'm in trouble all. I have a 94 883xl converted to a 1200. I'm also outfitting the bike with an 01 Fatboy tank and a 67282-96C speedo cluster. I have a wiring diagram for the sporty. Just need the pin out to hook up the gauges, dash lights, and ignition. Other part number on the cluster is 67412-99A. Also eliminating the kuryakun combination gas / volt gauge from the tank. Any low cost replacements? Thanks for your time, help, and welcomeness.

As stated in your other post, by I forget who; '94 speedo was a mechanical drive & '96 was a electronic drive. You have no electrical place to place a VSS(vehicle speed sensor) in your tranny. You may check some after market suppliers for a conversion or find a mechanical drive speedo for your dash set up. Or find a speedo for a Fat Boy from '91-'95. You would then need the correct wheel drive.
tourbox

On older cars and trucks there was an adapter that was gear driven with a speed sensor. This may be what you want to look for. They were screwd onto the the drive gear housing and the sensor was driven by a 1 inch pin.
Over all about 2 inches long.
I will try to find a picture and aplication, it may be all you need.

On older cars and trucks there was an adapter that was gear driven with a speed sensor. This may be what you want to look for. They were screwd onto the the drive gear housing and the sensor was driven by a 1 inch pin.
Thanks for the response.

Thanks again all for the info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some options to go from cable to speed sensor. From NAPA or most parts stores.
You may be able to use an adapter to convert to

Here are some options to go from cable to speed sensor. From NAPA or most parts stores.
You may be able to use an adapter to convert to[/QUOTE
Thanks again for your help!

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back